Question about corn

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ablejoy

Feeling the Heat
Wondering if I could use cracked corn in my stove. I unable to find whole corn here would have to drive to far. Crack corn is expensive here so would only try it and see if it throws more heat also would 50-50 mix work.

Thanks everyone

Depends on how cracked it is. I am fairly new to pellets and corn and have been using a 50/50 mix for a month or so. It does increase heat output on mediocre pellets. I don't know if I'd bother mixing with premium pellets.
BTW, I have a Santa Fe which is the same under the skin as your Castile.

Also, I used to live in Jerome back in the 80's....you're in Prescott, right?

supposed to use kernel corn, of course....with crcked corn I would be a bit loory of the hopper hanging up with fines.......

I tried corn, but it was a b*tch opening all those cans.......

fataugie

Thanks for the info I think I am going to forget the corn to expensive plus I don't want to jam my auger.

I do live in Prescott and we love going to Jerome every couple months for lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.