Question about dry moly

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

roadking88

Feeling the Heat
Jun 20, 2011
central Maine
i just got some dry moly and was going to spray down the auger..well it says on the can extremely flammable...

I used a Remington gun lube called Dri Film Lubricant that was as well but it believed it was the liquid carrier that was flammable and had no issues personally. It made a lot of difference in the finicky pellets moving through my auger, larger and steady flame for mine, lasted a few days. I think the hopper walls where the pellets slide down is just as important to good feeding and will do mine when it is empty and down next time. I did pull the auger and spray it outside the stove and used a rag to buff it into the tube and let it dry well.

Reactions: roadking88
Status
Not open for further replies.