question about enviro evolution

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

urkiddin

Dec 3, 2009
Southwest Vt.
I just stripped down the stove for a cleaning.According to the manual there are two holes on the convection blower for adding a couple drops of oil.I've turned this motor over, under, upside down and can't find em.Any evolution owners know where they are located?

I just noticed the owners manual was printed in 2006.This stove was made in 2010.I'm wondering if they changed the motors in the newer models.It looks like the blower in the manual though.

The newer motors usually have sealed bearing and don't have the lube ports. On the motor label you should see "bearings" printed on it. The older motors had bushings and the lube ports. You can still put a few drops of oil on the bearings, But you'll need to use something long and skinny to get the oil on the bearing. Some might make it into the bearing?

Status
Not open for further replies.