Question about flame/air damper when running in high/low mode

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jambruins

Jun 26, 2008
Chazy, NY
Should my stove (Kozi Cast Iron Previa) require more air (open damper more) when running on setting 3 compared to running on setting 1? I am running my stove on high/low which is where the stove will run on setting 3 until it reaches the thermostat temp. Then it kicks back to setting 1 until the thermostat calls for more heat. My flame seems nice and lively when it is running on setting 3 but when it kicks back to setting 1 the flame is very small and seems like it is getting too much air. Thanks.

I have a Whitfield and although the owners manual states once the damper is adjusted properly for air, it automatically adjusts when increasing or decreasing the pellet feed. Unfortunately, I still have to adjust the stove at every setting. This stove is 11 years old so I just have to live with it.

My Harman is all automatic which is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.