Question about free wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 28 acres in Berks County, most of it woods, I cut what I can 3 to 5 cords per year, have about 12 cords seasoning and still have many piles like these pictures. Most of it is large Poplar, smaller 8" and less Oak, Hickory and birch. My bending down muscles and joints don't work like they used to, so I pretty much just go after the bigger stuff. I would like to offer the rest to anyone who is interested, BUT, I don't want to risk them getting hurt and suing me and winding up with my 28 acres as well.
Does anyone know a solution to this problem?
IMG_2565.jpg
IMG_2564.jpg
IMG_2563 (1).jpg

Reactions: Wickets
I am on the other side of the fence here. I have a local man who does not use wood on his 100 ish acres. He said he wished he could let me take the dead stuff, but he doesn't feel comfortable with out me having insurance.

I asked my insurance agent, and he told me i should take him a "hold harmless agreement" Bassically a waiver.
Some say that is a great way, and other say its not solid enough, could be thrown out in court.
Im sure there will always be some risk, but I think a waiver is the best one for free. Make them agree that they will not sure you regardless of fault in an accident.

There has to be a liability waiver you could get, like what a gym uses or something equivalent.

Reactions: St. Coemgen
I'm with D8Chumley, but you should be able to find some way to get people out there with not having to fear losing everything. Hope it works out.

Reactions: D8Chumley
Status
Not open for further replies.