Question about Harman P-Series and Thermostats

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jayman81

Dec 20, 2013
Canada
I bought a skytech wireless remote for my P68. From my research, when the temperature is reached, the circuit opens on the temp probe and this causes a fault on the Harman and a 4 blink code. If the igniter is in manual, the stove will go to a maintenance burn. If the igniter is auto, the stove will start the shut down sequence which could take about 30 - 45 minutes right? If there is a call for heat from the thermostat and the circuit closes before the stove fully shuts down, will it start feeding again or does it have to complete the original shut down first?

New stove, too warm, haven't tested, appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!

Yes. I have a Lux wired thermostat which let's me set the swing temp. I have to look, but I think it's set to 1.5 degrees either way, so if I have it set for 70, it will kick on at 68.5 and kick off at 71.5, or something like that. Worked slick last winter. On the coldest days, we switched to manual mode and let the stove provide radiant heat, which the P series does pretty well.

Last edited:
Yes. I have a Lux wired thermostat which let's me set the swing temp. I have to look, but I think it's set to 1.5 degrees either way, so if I have it set for 70, it will kick on at 68.5 and kick off at 71.5, or something like that. Worked slick last winter. On the coldest days, we switched to manual mode and let the stove provide ambient heat, which the P series does pretty well.

Exactly what I wanted to hear... much appreciated. The skytech has a factory set 2 degree swing temp. I plan to have it kick on at 70 and go to 74 with a set temp of 72.

I have mine connected to a Hunter programmable and it operates just like Mikes does. It setbacks at night and ramps up in the day just like the furnace. I also run in room temp manual when it gets really cold. Pellet usage is about the same but electric is less cause the igniter doesn't run 50 times a day.
Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.