Question about my awesome insert!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

regency

Nov 27, 2009
Mi
I see that others enjoy heating with wood as I certainly do. I purchased a regency I2400 last year(several months before the damn rebate) and just read about a fire blanket meant to direct heat down at the air tubes. This is the first I have heard of this as I have nothing on the top of my insert. It still works great, looking for further info and if my stove would benefit. Thanks

I thought that stove has a ceramic baffle board above the burn tubes, not a blanket. Is that correct?

Yep. The Regency H1200 Hearth Heater has the ceramic blanket on top of the steel
baffle & the weights to hold it in place...
The Regency inserts have the vermiculite or firebrick baffles...no need for the blanket...

Yep, be happy.

Welcome.
On my I2400 there are two wide fire bricks laying directly atop the tubes. Actually the whole thing is lined with these bricks. You can purchase them if you are missing any.

That puts my mind at rest. I burned all last year here in Michigan and am at it again. I really love this stove and think its the best thing since sliced bread! I imagine everyone likes their stove the most just like kids/dogs. I don't seem to see it mentioned as often as some of the other names though?

The I3100 has the same configuration with two "fire bricks" atop the tubes. I just hate mine - the fan is so quiet it won't keep me awake, the heat coming out is so hot it's like there's a fire somewhere.

I have a Regency freestanding woodstove (f3100) and love it! I, too, am surprised Regencys are not more popular.

Do you guys run your regency blowers primarily on high or low? I leave mine on low 99% of the time as I wonder if the high detting causes the hot air dispersed to get pulled back in causing a smokin hot 10x10 area and nothing else. It seems like low provides a steadier even heat.

regency said:
Do you guys run your regency blowers primarily on high or low? I leave mine on low 99% of the time as I wonder if the high detting causes the hot air dispersed to get pulled back in causing a smokin hot 10x10 area and nothing else. It seems like low provides a steadier even heat.

I have the I3100 and run my blower on low most of the time as well. it does a great job heating 2,000 sqft so far. I just installed it in early Oct so we havent seen really cold weather yet but have had a few nights in the low 30's.

Same here, run it on low most of the time heating 2,400 sqft. Mine is in a room 20'x22' with vaulted ceiling basically to the center L-R and back of the house. There is a ceiling fan mounted approx 8 1/2' up from the floor that is used to help disperse the heat. Last night it was 84 deg-F in that room and 75-72 deg-F in most of the other rooms. I've wondered why Regency is not spoken of more - possibly availability (lack of) etc ? I don't know.

I also have several ceiling fans throughout a 1550 sq ft ranch. I turn them on reverse to pull the air up which seems to move it around well. I have her roasting at 450 right now which feels nice! :coolgrin:

Congrats on a great insert. Regency makes wonderful wood burning products. I have never used that model myself, but most of my customers report the best performace with the blowers on low. Enjoy yours! Now if winter would just understand that it needs to arrive...

I have her roasting at 450 now.

I have the same stove & don't have any temp guages. I'm curious as to where on this stove you would measure.

I experimented with a few drops of water & noticed a big variation within the big steel top plate above the door. A few drops just sat there & others only millimeters away sizzled.
The kettle I have on there w/out a trivit is very slow to evaporate water.
But I'm not about to fire myself out of the room just to boil water. Outside air temps are in the 40's, room temps in the low 70's.

p.s. run the blower on low 95% of time. But we'll see come some real winter weather.

My Hampton HI301 (by Regency) should be installed this week. Looking forward to it. SS Flue in place, just installed blockoff plate and wood is sitting ready.
Good to know about the blower.

Pondman - I had my 3100 going last night, running with only 3 splits in at a time since outside temps were in upper 40's. I use an IR Therm because I do not want to take the chance of scratching face finish. I normally shoot 6 locations (because it's fun) ... upper left just below the air outlet (421 d-F), upper center (468 d-F), upper right below air outlet (397 d-F), lower left next to door (358 d-F), lower right next to door (338 d-F), and flu pipe connector as viewed through the hot air outlet area (524 d-F). The "top shelf" which is 7" wide measured 202 d-F and water in the 1/2 pot sitting on the shelf measured 170 d-F.
Wood burning at the time: Sycamore, moisture: 14.2% per meter.

I bought a rutland thermostat from tractor supply for 10 bucks and put it just above the hinges on the upper right below the air return. It has been all over my stove without making any scratches

Status
Not open for further replies.