question about napoleon nz6000 fireplace draft control

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

df0rster

Oct 27, 2009
Oklahoma
The fireplace works great with the doors open. But when I close the doors the draft control on the bottom doesn't seem to let enough air in. It feels loose and not connected to anything when I move it back and forth. However if I go outside to the combustion air inlet I can hear the combustion air coming in. The draft control knob doens't really change the flame either so it's like it is disconected. Can anyone tell me how to get to it to check it? I don't think the fireplace would come out w/o some demo of the surrounding rock fascia. Is there an access panel inside somewhere? The lever seems to bend 90 degrees straight up and goes back into the fireplace but I can't find any drawings to show me what it looks like.

If you slam it left and right you can hear the vent closure sliding. I sometimes have to hold the lever pressed up or down while slamming it to the right or left.

there is a nut on my nz3000 on the lever itself. if the 6000 is anything like the 3000 you should be able to take off the lower intake air grate and make sure the nut on the control is tight. there is a section in the owners manual about it. also there is a slide in mine for air control from either the inside or outside. if you dont have the fresh air kit installed make sure the slide is set for inside air, or your pulling against the block off plate wich wont allow airflow. HTH,
DH

Status
Not open for further replies.