Question about not covering stacks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got Wood said:
GolfandWoodNut said:
I am thinking of putting tar paper and shingles on a pallet and putting legs on it and placing it over a pallet of wood at a time (kind of a moveable wood shed). This wood stuff gets addicting and you just keep needing more toys and space.

Thats funny I was thinking about building something similar...exact same concept. If you do end up building this please post about it

Hi Gotwood, just to let you know I tried the pallet on legs thing and it did not work out real well. I tried to make the back legs a foot shorter than the front legs for slope, but then when I put it over my stacks, that were already on a slope, it made the roof slope too much. I think if you attach the roof to the bottom pallet it will work fine. Plus unless you have totally level ground that you should make the legs the same size and let nature drain it. Also my wife was not real found of the pallet roof. :vampire: But I could see a string of pallets with roofs not looking too bad if done in unison and a really cheap wood shed.

Status
Not open for further replies.