question about off sets in chimny flue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another question from a nubie . I know ,I know .Does anyone know how much 45 degree off sets in a chimney flew affect draft . The flew would be about 16" tall in a single story house .I 'm running into clearance issues with replacing a pellet stove with a wood burning stove . I have a better centralized location in my cabin for a wood stove but I will need to patch tongue in grove on the ceiling and the asphalt shingle roof. I could use double wall and heat shields --the double wall is pricey . I could build a hearth(money , labor intensive ) .Thanks for you help in advance .

At the 1st floor ceiling the pipe must become class A pipe. Only 30 deg offset elbows are allowed for this pipe. The effect on draft is minimal.

Status
Not open for further replies.