Question about pellet pipe on roof.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tpmikey

Dec 1, 2008
NY
Today i went for a late night walk and while in front of house i looked up at pellet pipe and noticed some embers coming out of pipe. I never really looked up there so didnt notice them in the past. Is this common for pellet stoves to blow out some hot embers from pipe going through roof. I saw about 10 embers in the span of 5 mins. If it matters i have a 3 year old quadra fire santa fe. With 3 inch black pipe and a cathedral ceiling.

macman said:
Yes, it happens sometimes. Nothing to worry about as long as they go out before hitting the ground.

There was a VERY funny thread last winter about "sparks from the pipe" ...... if you want to laugh, read this....I was crying from laughing so hard.....

www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/27591/

I thought about apologizing in advance, but I couldn't resist bringing the other thread up.

And to those who truly would like to be able to delete your own postings, TOUGH.

See: Sparks from the Pipe

Mine goes approx. 15 ft up a masonry chimney. Never
once seen any sparks.

Status
Not open for further replies.