Question about plate heat exchanger

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adamant118

Oct 12, 2014
pa
My pex lines are 1 inch coming into the building which feeds my hanging heater to heat the room. My plate exchanger that i am using to heat ny small hot water heatet is three quarter inch inlet and outlet. Would it be better to hook the plate heat exchanger on the discharge side of the hanging heater?
ATTACHMENTS
file.php?id=1143&t=1.jpg

My pex lines are 1 inch coming into the building which feeds my hanging heater to heat the room. My plate exchanger that i am using to heat ny small hot water heatet is three quarter inch inlet and outlet. Would it be better to hook the plate heat exchanger on the discharge side of the hanging heater?
ATTACHMENTS
View attachment 174131
I would tee it in the lines myself.With valves and either unions or boiler drain tapes so you can back flush to clean it or remove it to clean it.

Status
Not open for further replies.