Question about stove pipe and possibly combustables.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Twayne556

Feb 12, 2024
Indiana
Sorry in advance if this has already been gone over but I think I have some unique circumstances.

I recently removed a prefab fireplace and had a chimney company come in and install a class A chimney for a wood stove that I bought(Cleveland Iron works oasis) and plan on putting where the fireplace once was.

Some issues I'm running into is that about 2 inches of stove pipe will be about 9 inches away from drywall that I plan on using to hide a support beam. The chimney installers stated they didn't think it would be an issue but I'm running into a lot of conflicting information and have myself worried. So I purchased double wall stove pipe and attempted to connect it directly to the stove pipe adapter at the support box only to be told I'm not allowed to mix and match pipe, which conflicts with what I've read here stating only the chimney section has to remain the same brand (from the adapter down can be whatever brand, correct?)

I've attached a few pictures, please let me know how you would handle this situation. Also I'd like to have the stove away from the wall behind it for clearance for the blower.

20240210_210033.jpg 20240210_210111.jpg 20240210_210144.jpg 20240210_210208.jpg

Male end of pipe faces towards the stove. Is that thing on the ground going in the stove pipe? Is that your blower?

Male end of pipe faces towards the stove. Is that thing on the ground going in the stove pipe? Is that your blower?
I thought so too but there's a sticker on the side of that elbow with an arrow that says this side up. I'm not sure what thing on the ground youre referring to but it's not the blower it's currently in the box out in the garage. My concern is with the clearance to that bulkhead that hides the steel beam.

I thought so too but there's a sticker on the side of that elbow with an arrow that says this side up. I'm not sure what thing on the ground youre referring to but it's not the blower it's currently in the box out in the garage. My concern is with the clearance to that bulkhead that hides the steel beam.
I was referring to the black box with the elbow on it. I thought it might have been one of those that are sold to extract heat from the stove pipe.

Oh gotcha, no just a foot stool with that elbow from the other picture sitting on it. I think we decided to just finish our remodel and have the chimney guys come in and hook up the stove with double wall