Question about Taco Closely Spaced Tees

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Perfect Heat

Feb 1, 2008
Ontario Canada
The Taco closely spaced tees are not available in all sizes. Specifically with the 1.25 inch primary loop to 1 inch secondary’s. They have a 1.25 to 3/4 inch. I contacted Taco web site and they indicated a 1 inch to ¾ inch reducer would work. They did not indicate any testing had been done so I was wondering if anyone has used this combination or would there be any adverse affects on the primary/secondary system.

Thanks

Just chiming in that I also am interested in some of the views from the most experienced folks around here of whether a brief step-down to 3/4 for the secondary inlets and outlets of a Taco Twin Tee would be a big deal, as they have 1 inch & larger ports for the secondary connections only on their models made for the very largest (2 and 1/2 inch and larger) primary piping

Well, it seems to me that taco figures that if you're only going to have 1.25 inch primary piping, then none of your loads/sources should require over 3/4 inch.... If you have big loads that need big ports, then you really need bigger primary piping... Plus, on the Twin-Tee's, there comes the problem of how to physically fit two 1" ports onto the same side of one 1.25" pipe........

Yes, the reducers will work fine... I fixed a screw-up on my part when ordering using them and the combined 2" of 3/4" pipe isn't enough to impact your flow #'s at all......(Use short nipples and reducing couplings or bushings to attach to your piping external to the primary loop)

Thanks Joe- it's wonderful to have the "pros" like you and Hot Rod (and many others) around here to help- and so willing to help- those of us who are on the lower and steeper end of the learning curve on some of these details and how the various factors interact.

Status
Not open for further replies.