1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Question about the blower

Post in 'Classic Wood Stove Forums (prior to approx. 1993)' started by hatesgas, Oct 26, 2013.

1. hatesgas

hatesgas Member

Loc:
    MA
    Hey all,

I was given a free Russo Wood/Coal stove that I have vented up through my fireplace and chimney. The stove is located in the family room where we spend most of our time. My "problem" is it gets really hot in that room and does a good job of warming up the other rooms. So my question is when the blower kicks on it stays on and there is no speed adjustment to lower or raise the speed of the blower......can I just unplug the blower when I don't need it? I just want to make sure I don't damage the stove.

Also as an FYI i never put more than three splits in at a time....its a small firebox. Thanks all.

Mark

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    I'm not sure, but one issue that might happen is overheating the thermostatic snap switch if it gets very hot in its location.
  3. hatesgas

hatesgas Member

Loc:
    MA
    Thanks Begreen. I contacted Russo and they have a plug-in speed control that I can buy. That should help the situation. No burning today as its 70 in Boston!

Mark
  4. redrig

redrig Member

Loc:
    Utah
  5. hatesgas

hatesgas Member

Loc:
    MA
    Thanks Redrig. I had already ordered it before I saw your response. The part was $35.