Question about the blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hatesgas

Jul 14, 2009
MA
Hey all,

I was given a free Russo Wood/Coal stove that I have vented up through my fireplace and chimney. The stove is located in the family room where we spend most of our time. My "problem" is it gets really hot in that room and does a good job of warming up the other rooms. So my question is when the blower kicks on it stays on and there is no speed adjustment to lower or raise the speed of the blower......can I just unplug the blower when I don't need it? I just want to make sure I don't damage the stove.

Also as an FYI i never put more than three splits in at a time....its a small firebox. Thanks all.

Mark

I'm not sure, but one issue that might happen is overheating the thermostatic snap switch if it gets very hot in its location.

Thanks Begreen. I contacted Russo and they have a plug-in speed control that I can buy. That should help the situation. No burning today as its 70 in Boston!

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.