1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Question for all

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by TMP1, Jun 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TMP1

TMP1 New Member

I have a fisher cast iron stove that I am looking to sell; my husband wants to sell it to his family for next to nothing. I was wondering if anyone would be able to give me a general idea of how much to sell it for.

I have very limited information on this stove.

It’s a Fisher cast iron wood stove, it’s much bigger then anyone I have even seen. It’s in perfect condition, it’s fancy legs’ and a screen for the front to keep the doors open.

Please HELP!

TMP1

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Shane

Shane Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Casper Wyoming
    Couple hundred bucks in good condition.
  3. Corie

Corie Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Halifax, VA
    as far as I know it's not entirely cast iron, I'm thinking it's a plate steel stove with two cast iron doors and an 8 inch flue collar.

Like shane said, it's not worth more than a couple hundred dollars in good condition.
  4. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    Yes, if it is Fischer, then it is steel plate with cast doors. Usually a name on the doors. I suspect yours says Papa Bear or something like that cause of 8" collar.
  5. TMP1

TMP1 New Member

you may be right about the steel plates, I will say that four adult men had a hard time moving it. The front of it says FISHER.
  6. Corie

Corie Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Halifax, VA
    oh they're not that heavy. I can usually carry one under each arm :p
  7. TMP1

TMP1 New Member

cool, come on over I need a little more muscle anyway :)
  8. seaken

seaken Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Shokan, NY
    Well, in its day the Fisher was one of the best. It still has a great reputation. However, these days it is considered old technolgy and may not even be a desirable stove in your community. Some places now specifically have ordinances against any non-EPA compliant stoves. (Read "dirty-burning")

If it is allowed I think $200 is too much. I'd give it away to anyone who wanted to move it. At any rate $200 is a lot toward a Century or Drolet EPA model. (Clean burning)

Sean
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.