Question for BK Owners

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeattleRider

Jan 22, 2014
Seattle, WA
Folks,
I am the proud owner of a BK Princess insert and am wondering if during the summer the damper should be left open, closed or does it not make any difference?

Thanks in advance.

I leave mine closed and I leave the air control off. This should prevent most all down drafts/reverse drafts while running the AC.

Before I put a screen on the cap, I left it open. I had a couple of birds in it, and would rather have one in the stove than stuck in there and dead without me knowing. I also would be a little unhappy if the bird damaged the backside of the cat, since it would able to see daylight thru the cells.

Since I put a screen on the cap, I do what webby does.

The bypass closes on a weird gasket. To extend the life of this gasket, i leave the bypass open.

Reactions: Rich2343
Status
Not open for further replies.