question for englander 30nc owners

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crackshot

Jan 15, 2011
Moosup ct
hello all, i have been burning with my 30 for a week now and love it.... but im also haveing a problem.... haveing a hard time on reloads with getting it going again. I have tried reloading with a super hot bed of coals at 400, let them burn down a little to around 250-300, and also have been moving them forward towards that little dog house thing in the front(which seems to work best). i have tryed N,S reloading and E,W loading.. with still (it seems like) the same results. sometimes the fire will take off in 10 min, or sometimes it will take 30 min,.... sometimes even when she gets goin real good, i cant seem to shut the air down like i can on other fires. my wood quality is mixed right now(had to get seasoned wood from a friend) maple, ash, oak all for the most part between 12 and 18 percent moisture content. i have a clas A chimney straight up through the roof,... draft seem real good, and plenty of stick (13 ft).......house is not air tight by any means and have tried opening a window that is right next to the stove with no luck. ...............on the other hand this stove is easy to use , great heater and really woth the money...... so,.... what is your reloading meathod , any ideas ???????? thanks guys!!!!!

On a hot bed of coals that thing should have flame off of the bottom of every log before you close the door.

I think you have classic symptoms of wood that is not ready and a chimney that is a tad too short, especially if there is a 90 anywhere in it.

On an ample but small bed of coals, I will start turning the air down within 5-10 minutes because the firebox is full of flames.

pen

Yep. What Pen said. I have to have the whole load ready at the stove because by the time I put the top splits on the bottom ones are burning.

chimney is straight up through the roof.......13 ft of stick ,.... and 2 ft above the highest part of my roof, should I really buy another piece of class A?

crackshot said:
chimney is straight up through the roof.......13 ft of stick ,.... and 2 ft above the highest part of my roof, should I really buy another piece of class A?

i think in the manual it states 15' min from bottom of the stove to top of the chimney, and no more then 25'

Status
Not open for further replies.