Question for Mt Vernon insert owners

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kramerica72

Jan 3, 2014
Fremont, NH
I'm having an E2 insert installed next month, and I was curious as to how folks with a Mt Vernon clean their chimney liners. Can you unhook the liner from the stove without pulling out the insert or do I need to pull this thing out every ton or so to clean the flue/liner? If so, is it a pain to do?

Thanks

Hello and good choice on the E2, we think that stove is going to be a huge hit for Quad this year. It has the quick disconnect on the exhaust outlet to clean the liner with, but you should be able to get through 3-4 tons before needing to worry about it. Enjoy your new very quiet heater..

I'm having an E2 insert installed next month, and I was curious as to how folks with a Mt Vernon clean their chimney liners. Can you unhook the liner from the stove without pulling out the insert or do I need to pull this thing out every ton or so to clean the flue/liner? If so, is it a pain to do?

Thanks
I pull mine out a little. What I do is get a piece of sheet metal and slide it under the stove. It will then slide out much easier and also make it easier to maneuver later to line up the exhaust outlet with the chimney liner to re-connect. I have a chimney guy that cleans my wood stove liner every year and recommended the whip style cleaner to clean the liner.

I pull mine out a little. What I do is get a piece of sheet metal and slide it under the stove. It will then slide out much easier and also make it easier to maneuver later to line up the exhaust outlet with the chimney liner to re-connect. I have a chimney guy that cleans my wood stove liner every year and recommended the whip style cleaner to clean the liner.

Thanks both for the replies. And thanks for the tip joescho--smart thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.