Question for Sante Fe Owners

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

royaloak

Feb 12, 2013
On a previous post I was concerned with the heat output of my new Quadrafire Sante Fe.
After a couple more four day weekends at the cabin I burned a couple other brands of pellets and I also opened the chute all the way.
I'm starting to realize part of my problem is the cabin is set at 48 degrees when I'm not there so this weekend I used the furnace and pellet stove for a full day and then cut back to just the pellet stove and ceiling fan with much better results.
I do wish it had a quieter fan since it's positioned in the small open living room and kitchen area.
On the control box when the stove is running there's a constant red light besides the other red light calling for heat.
Is this normal?
Also on the narrow side of the control box that's facing out behind the metal strap is a small hole with a plastic adjustment screw. The only thing I can think this would do is speed up or slow down the auger.
Is that correct?
Thanks

That adjustment screw can increase the feed by 10%, that's worst case scenario and you need the correct # setting. All those different #'s are for the different model Quads.

As for running with the gate wide open, make sure your flame is under 6". The gate is for setting max flame height to 6" to ensure you don't overfire.

The red light inside is normal too. That light indicates that the T/C has seen the 500*-600* temp and is running normally.

The larger red light is the "call for heat light" if that light is on the thermostat is telling the stove it needs to be putting out heat. If the fire has been going for a little while the control box will also have a red light on as well. the red light means the control box is receiving a signal from the thermocouple over the fire pot, the little white ceramic projection sticking into the fire pot, that it is something like 900 degrees F or more. If you watch it on start up you'll notice it has no light on till a flame establishes, then a green light comes on, as soon as the green light comes on you'll see the stove start to feed pellets, then later after having the fire for a little while longer it will turn from green to red which then turns the igniter off.

As far as the small white dial goes, if your looking at what I think you are, looking at the dial straight on you'll notice a pie shape cut out and a number visible. The same control board is used in the CB1200, sant fe, and castile regardless of insert or freestanding version. the number selected will change depending upon what stove it is put in.

The green light comes on at 200 degrees and starts the feed. The red light comes on at 600 degrees and shuts off the igniter. All normal. Your dial should be set at 6 and have 6 flashes of the blue light when first plugged in. If you turn it to 7 WITH THE STOVE UNPLUGGED you will get 10% more feed time but you shouldn't need it. You've already discovered that EVERYTHING in your cabin is a heat sink and not just the walls so it takes a lot of BTU's to bring it all back up to temp. The little Sante Fe with it's 30,000 max btu's can do it but it will take a long time from that low of a temp.
stoveoperation.jpgstoveoperation2.jpg

Thanks for all the help
I'll try making a few adjustments this weekend and I'm pleased you guys have me on the right track.
More information than the dealer knew or was willing to give me. I think I'm going to start enjoying this pellet burning thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.