Question for the free standing stoves about watching flue temp's versa insert without watching flue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lighting Up

Feeling the Heat
Jan 30, 2010
Roc City NY
I read so much about flue temperatures with free standing stoves, with having a insert the only temp to watch is the stove so my question is how does watching the flue temp's help you burn that is different with a insert that you can't see the flue temp's ? I will thank you now for all replies as you all have helped me in the past.

Cleaning of the chimney tells the final story, normally the top of the chimney collects the most creosote & the lower parts are cleaner. Flue temps are prescribed by mfrs. to appease the EPA & its concerns with air pollution.

Status
Not open for further replies.