Question for Those Familiar with Older St. Croix Auburn Stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DoosanMan

Nov 29, 2014
NE Kansas
Several weeks ago I had a thread posted about my stove not getting hot enough. After much valuable input from the forum members here I finally was able to diagnose the problem. Here is a link to thread--http://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/st-croix-auburn-not-getting-hot-in-test-burn.136874/ My Auburn has the old style control panel set for augering in corn. It augers at 3.5 seconds when on high. I have some corn here and it is working great in this cold weather. However I have a bunch of long wood pellets yet............and would like to be able to get the auger running up to 5 seconds on high like the St. Croix pellet stoves do. Is there anyway to do this? Is this possible by buying the new control panel? Someone in the above mentioned thread suggested changing the jumper on the back of the control panel and provided a link. However my control panel does not have another set of posts for the jumper like shown in the pictures. Any input is appreciated.

I called tech support and they said there was no way to get that stove to feed more. If you have some long pellets time to get out the Louisville slugger and whoop some bags and blend some of your corn to keep the btus up.

I called tech support and they said there was no way to get that stove to feed more. If you have some long pellets time to get out the Louisville slugger and whoop some bags and blend some of your corn to keep the btus up.
Yeah I'll have too............How about the new control panel, will it auger faster?

Several weeks ago I had a thread posted about my stove not getting hot enough. After much valuable input from the forum members here I finally was able to diagnose the problem. Here is a link to thread--http://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/st-croix-auburn-not-getting-hot-in-test-burn.136874/ My Auburn has the old style control panel set for augering in corn. It augers at 3.5 seconds when on high. I have some corn here and it is working great in this cold weather. However I have a bunch of long wood pellets yet............and would like to be able to get the auger running up to 5 seconds on high like the St. Croix pellet stoves do. Is there anyway to do this? Is this possible by buying the new control panel? Someone in the above mentioned thread suggested changing the jumper on the back of the control panel and provided a link. However my control panel does not have another set of posts for the jumper like shown in the pictures. Any input is appreciated.

You can't increase the Auburn auger on time at maximum beyond 3.5 seconds, however the effective duty can be varied. Prescott has approximately 6 seconds on and 6 seconds off for a 50% duty cycle on high. Auburn has approximately 3.5 seconds on and 6.5 seconds off for factory setting for a 35% duty cycle. This is a reason for less heat output with pellets. There is a jumper on the circuit board that will increase duty cycle to 41% or down to 30% but be careful of pellet pot over filling with a dirty stove on higher feed rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.