Question for those using ducting to heat upper level

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LuvMyPellets

Burning Hunk
Nov 15, 2012
Delaware
I am seeking help from those of you with an Enviro Maxx or similar stove that is ducted to an upper level. Trying to find out just how much heat it is throwing upstairs.

At least not one that has logged on in the last 24 hours. Most people don't drop in every day.

I am seeking help from those of you with an Enviro Maxx or similar stove that is ducted to an upper level. Trying to find out just how much heat it is throwing upstairs.
Does this count? Not as fancy as yours. Heats 2000sq.' Ranch and the basement it is in.
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 151

Most of it............. BUT it ain't one a them fancy ones ..............St. Croix Revolution hooked into the ductwork from pre-existing OFHA

So not one soul on this entire forum uses a ducted stove?

I have a Maxx and have the duct kit but have not finished install yet.

So I can't help - yet.
- Jeff

I ducted my Eco 65 using the kit along with my own 18" section of metal duct and insulated flex duct to the floor vents. Two runs from the stove in the basement feed two floor vents on main level. The runs range from approximately 12 feet to 25 feet. I installed a Y with manual dampers in the original ducting so I can control the source of the air flow (either from the 65 or central system) to the noted vents. I also installed an 8-inch in-line duct fan (each at 250 cfm, as I recall) in each run from the 65. The fans are on a switch.

Air flow at the vents is notably less than flow from the central heat system, but is also notably warmer. The floor vents are located at the end of a relatively long room. I use a small Vornado fan at the other end of the room to circulate the warm air. The room consistently heats to 69-70 with the stove set on level 2.

I ducted my Eco 65 using the kit along with my own 18" section of metal duct and insulated flex duct to the floor vents. Two runs from the stove in the basement feed two floor vents on main level. The runs range from approximately 12 feet to 25 feet. I installed a Y with manual dampers in the original ducting so I can control the source of the air flow (either from the 65 or central system) to the noted vents. I also installed an 8-inch in-line duct fan (each at 250 cfm, as I recall) in each run from the 65. The fans are on a switch.

Air flow at the vents is notably less than flow from the central heat system, but is also notably warmer. The floor vents are located at the end of a relatively long room. I use a small Vornado fan at the other end of the room to circulate the warm air. The room consistently heats to 69-70 with the stove set on level 2.
I have a single vent in the center of the house. My floor plan is very open with the exception of the bedrooms at one end. Kitchen living and dining are 74 bedrooms are68. Basement stays 70. I use the a/c fan to move the air around. Works well

Status
Not open for further replies.