1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Question Installing my VistFlame VF-55

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Curve, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Curve

Curve New Member

Loc:
    Central, MA
    I am installing my pellet stove today and ran into a little issue I need help with. I came off the back of the stove with a 4" T cleanout, and then into a 36" piece of straight pipe, and than a 90 elbow that I am trying to fit into an adapeter to my 8" MetalBestos Chimney adapter. The issue is that the elbow is about a half inch short of reaching the 8" adapter. What is the recommended way to make this work?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. gfreek

gfreek Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Beautiful Attica/Varysburg,New York
    Adjustable pipe
  3. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH
    Hello

I did something very similar. I went from a 4" pellet pipe into a 8"x8" block chimney. It takes a 4" to 8" pellet pipe adapter and then straight pipe that should go into the middle of the chimney.

I did use an adjustable pipe on the horizontal to go the correct distance.

See pic below. Click to Enlarge.

Attached Files:

4. Curve

Curve New Member

Loc:
    Central, MA
    I have 1 piece of 12" adhustable pipe. If I put this on the 36" piece, will I be able to slide it all the way down so that only about half inch is left over? I wasn't sure that this adjustable piece would slide down that far.
  5. corkman

corkman Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    SE,Mass
    hi curve.your best bet is a 24' straight pipe and an 18' adjustable.you havnt fired it up yet so hopefully dealer will swith the pipe for ya .good luck.cant wait to see pics