Question on adjusting my venting.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FireManDan

Mar 6, 2011
Scotland,CT
When i bought my Englander stove the owner gave me his vent that went to this chimney which was the shape of a long L.
The way im going to have it setup in my living room is very discrete and will be hidden by the stove its self as the chimney
opening is roughly 3 feet up from the floor. Here is what i have so far, a 22' foot chimney liner @ 4" diameter per englander directions,
On the Tee coming through the chimney i bought a 4 to 3 inch adapter thats a Simpson Duravent. Now i looked at the pipe i got with my stove
and its SELKIRK Metalbestos brand. Is there any way i can connect the 2 brands? The other question is on what i need to make the vent go from
offset ( Stoves exit) to the middle to make the stove even with the thimble. The connectors that i got with the stove are T clean out , section of 3 foot
straight, 90 degree elbow, and another 3 foot straight section.

I know i need some more elbows to do what i want . on the straight pieces of Selkirk am i able to cut it down to the size i need?

Thank you for your help.

AFAIK, They do NOT have adapters to connect different vent kits to each other. Its better to stick with one brand for the proper seal. Select the brand that has most everything you need and purchase the pieces to finish the job. Although sometimes its best to just get all the pieces and start with all new venting. Atleast inspect all the older pieces you plan to use to be sure they are in good condition.

You can't mix brands so if you want to use your existing SELKIRK Metalbestos pipe then you need to purchase additional parts in that brand. The same goes if you want to use the Dura Vent parts you have. You can't cut the pipe, but look at the parts list for the brand you choose for all the lengths available.

Status
Not open for further replies.