Question on chimmey pipe?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RIDGERUNNER30

Feb 7, 2009
Eastern, Kentucky
Hey guy's, I got my country stove s 260 t-top wood stove friday, I love the it looks and I'am in the process of uploading some pics for you all to see, but the question i have is that the stove comes equip for a 8in flue, but the owners manual tells that you can but a reducer in for a 6in pipe. Should I go with 6in pipe or just stay with 8in pipe? I'am going to be installing a thur-the -wall kit ,with about 18 feet of class a pipe,and I was worried that 8in pipe would cause alot of draft and another thing putting in a 6in system will cost alot less to, but what is the best system for me? I want to be right and work like it should.

If your manual says 6" is ok, then I'd save some cash and go with the 6". There are plenty of other stoves the same size as yours venting 6" that draft just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.