question on chimney on 12/12 chalet

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bad440cuda

Jan 21, 2013
wehave just built a chalet house with a 12/12 pitch roof,we have a huntsman stove we had in our old house we would like to install in our basement, we would like to put it along the back wall exit the pipe thru the back of the basemnet wall and then up the outside, my question is how do i figure out how high the pipe needs to be for proper draft and all,our house is 45x28 someone tol me it has to be 10ft off the roof and 6 ft above the edge of the bottom of the roof line cause thats where its closest to the roof, is there a equation to figure this out? any help would be great thanks in advance great site here

12' above the roof

The rule is 2' above any surface within 10' horizontal. On a 12/12 roof, 10' horizontal is 10' vertical plus 2' = 12'.

Status
Not open for further replies.