Question on Harman Accentra Operation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarjamman

Sep 26, 2013
Central MA
Couple quick questions:

1. When I got my Accentra 52i installed, the guy more or less stated to leave the feed control set at around 3.5-4. I understand what it does and how it affects the pellet delivery interval, but would leaving it this high prevent the stove from performing a really low burn? Lets say I set the stove temp dial to 1, would having the feed rate around a 4 affect how low the flame could run? And on a similar note, if I crank the feed rate to a max setting, would it override the stove temp dial regardless of what I set it at?

2. If I run the stove for a night, and then let it sit during a warm spell (could last upwards of a week), does all the fly ash on the interior of the stove need to be cleaned out, or am fine letting is sit without a cleaning? Not sure if the ash is caustic or would cause premature rusting on the interior.

Thanks!

The feed rate dial only limits the maximum amount of pellets that can be burned, your stove will still be able to go to a low burn if needed. The feed rate dial is really only there to adjust for differences in pellets, 4 is a good starting point for most pellets. If you are burning on stove temp at the max setting then you can adjust your feed rate so that there is 1-1.5 inches of ash at the edge of the burn pot, you don't want burning pellets in that zone as you could end up having unburnt pellets in the ash pan. This would not be a safety hazard, but it's not very efficient. Check out the sticky in this forum about what the manual doesn't tell you about the harman stoves. This should answer all your questions. Letting the stove set for a week between burns in the shoulder season is not a problem, you don't need to clean the stove, I would just scrape the burn pot out real quick so that it is clean for your next burn. Hope this helps.

Reactions: heat seeker
Reactions: fmsm
Man, thank you both very much for pointing me there. I learned a ton! This place is awesome.

Man, thank you both very much for pointing me there. I learned a ton! This place is awesome.
soak it all up and soon you'll be helping us help others!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.