Question on Isle Royale clearance...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

erichardson

Feb 24, 2009
MD
Hi -

I have a 13.5" raised brick hearth in my basement...there's also a low ceiling in the part of the basement where the fireplace is...It's 66" above the hearth. If I had the Isle Royale and hooked it into the fireplace with using the rear flue...that would give me 36" clearance to the ceiling with the std legs and 39" with the hearth legs.

Looking at the manual, am I correct that the required ceiling clearance is 36" for the rear flue implementation?

Thanks,
Eric

Yes, that's what the chart says as long as double wall connector pipe is used, rear exit from the stove. For additional peace of mind, you could mount a sheet of durock or sheet metal with 1" spacing from the ceiling as a heat shield.

BeGreen said:
For additional peace of mind, you could mount a sheet of durock or sheet metal with 1" spacing from the ceiling as a heat shield.

This is good advice. The top of the IR pumps mega heat if the fan is not being used to cool it. I easily obtain 650F or higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.