Question on Pellet Brand?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bella

Mar 22, 2008
long island n.y
I have a question on a brand of pellets and are they any good burning and ash wise?

The brand is Juniata wood pellets from the makers of energex any good
i'm new in this pellet world ? Thanks $ 260 delivered

I haven't used them, but a good friend of mine has this past year. He said they produced a lot of ash and he didn't care for them. Then, when he found out that they were $30 / ton cheaper this spring, he decided to buy them again and just scrape his burn pot more frequently than before. I guess they can't be too bad after all.
I used the Energex green bags this past year and hated them in my Harman P68. They produced a lot of ash and sooted up the glass more than two other different brands I tried. I have 1 ton left for next year and I will not be buying them again even if they are cheaper.
I was just by the Energex plant in Mifflintown, PA on Saturday and they had mounds and mounds of sawdust on the lot. There were many different colors to the sawdust indicating that it probably came from different wood. I know both pellets are premium labeled and made at the same plant, so the difference between the red-lettered Juniata and the green-lettered Energex must be the wood type used. Both are hardwoods.

My best tip to you is to always buy a few bags and run them through your stove before you buy a ton or more. Stoves are fickle and each person has a different experience with each pellet brand. A lot of people like Energex.

I would not pay that much for any pellet, delivered or not.
Sorry,
Eric

kinsman stoves said:
I would not pay that much for any pellet, delivered or not.
Sorry,
Eric
You would if you lived on Long Island.

I would not live there, sorry

Kinsman Stoves has pellets from $180 to $190 per ton depending on how much you buy.

Delivery is inside of 20 miles from the warehouse at $75 per three tons delivered and you must unload.

There are very few pellet sellers that deliver around here, N/E Ohio and Western PA.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.