Question on running my Englander 25-PDVC without an oak for a bit???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

letsblaze

Feeling the Heat
So the game plan is to get my stove up and running on Friday night. Going with a simple exhaust with 2x12in pieces Dura-Vent through a thimble right out the wall then a cap on that.
Now with that being said I have all the other stuff but the OAK. This is the only weekend I have available to get this installed for the next 3 and the cold weather is finally hitting Michigan. The question is can I run this without an OAK for a bit till I get time to get an OAK on it?

Drop by an auto parts place on the way home or to work and get the metal hose and a clamp.

I do not believe that stove is supposed to have a straight out vent let alone run without an OAK.

Smokey's right. The manual calls for at least 3' of rise in the vent. Mine was straight out when installed by the previous owners, but I recently did it the right way. It does seem to make a difference. Now whether that's because of the added draft, or because the vent isn't blowing right on the OAK intake, I don't know.

fyrfyter4 said:
Smokey's right. The manual calls for at least 3' of rise in the vent. Mine was straight out when installed by the previous owners, but I recently did it the right way. It does seem to make a difference. Now whether that's because of the added draft, or because the vent isn't blowing right on the OAK intake, I don't know.

Likely a bit because of each thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.