Question on running on thermostat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajwoodman

Aug 6, 2008
Me
I have a Big E and those famous Athens pellets. On heat setting 3 the Athens pellets do not burn very hot. On setting 4 they seem to be alot hotter, especially this morning when the temp is at 22. My question is, on the Big E it says not to run the stove (if you are using a thermostat) on higher than 3. This is, I assume, because when the thermostat stops calling for heat it goes down to #1. They say more than 2 heat setting drops should not used. Therefore, from #3 to #1 is the way it should be used. My question is whether it is okay to use the #4 where with these pellets there isn't as much heat. I know this because I have burned Lignetics and they burn really hot on #3. Will this harm the stove or should I maybe use a manual setting?? I really like the thermostat mode. I use it on Hi/Lo not On/Off. Any advice would be appreciated. Seems like this first year of burning is a great learning experience and all of you sharing your views and experiences is great. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.