Question on the air control lever on the mansfield

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

traveler659

Jun 15, 2010
west tennessee
I just finished moving the new mansfield stove on the hearth and was just checking things out.I went to slide the air control lever to the open and closed position and it would not move.Since their is not much room under the stove to get a good look see, I slid my hands across and felt a hex head bolt on the slide near the lever handle,I figured the bolt must have been to tight causing the lever not to let the slide open or close. When i went to loosen it up the hex bolt broke off flush with the stove,the air control lever will now work.The question: is it ok to operate it without the bolt in place.It seems to operate fine.Just wondering.

not that bad to get this fixed
6 bolts hold up the ashpan, once its removed, drill and tap out old broken bolt.
reinstall new bolt and ashpan

but if you dont want to, just be sure the air slider on the right side of the unit has full range of movenent when air lever is moved

Status
Not open for further replies.