Question on Wood Gun Boiler Seen on Local Craigs List

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

velvetfoot

Minister of Fire
Dec 5, 2005
Sand Lake, NY
How far back do Wood Gun boilers go? Would this one be a gassifier type.
I don't think I'm in a position to buy one, but I thought it's interesting.

http://albany.craigslist.org/mat/3002306133.html

Heating oil and wood gun boiler - $1000 (Rensselaer)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2012-05-07, 8:30PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have 750 gallons of fuel oil in my tank. I am converting to natural gas.
This means I have to get rid of my Wood Gun boiler, which also burns firewood.

If someone can take 500-600 gallons, they can have it for $1000.
If someone wants the Wood Gun boiler, it's yours for just about any offer. But you have to haul it away. Easy access out of the house, too. It works nice.

Does not have to be a package deal. Call 461-7850.

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 3002306133

Hey, thanks!

(I wish I was getting natural gas on my road too, but it'll never happen!)

I'll never get gas here either. He didn't say how old it was. To bad he wasn't selling this last August.
I just forwarded it to my friend who is interested in gasifiying.
Thanks

If someone wants the Wood Gun boiler, it's yours for just about any offer. But you have to haul it away. Easy access out of the house, too. It works nice.

That guy is alot smarter than I am. I went through all the work of hauling mine out to the yard to wait for the scrap dealer to pick it up.

I asked for pics just of of curiosity, reply stated boiler and oil sold same day as posting. I think somebody got a good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.