Question regarding burn indicator on double wall stove pipe?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sir splitsalot

Oct 27, 2010
Southern Ontario
Does anyone know of an alternative position for the burn indicator, as it says that you can only use it on single wall pipe, mounted 18 inch above stove top. I have double wall. Just wonder if you can mount else where and if so what the temps should be?

Thanks in advance.

sir splitsalot said:
Does anyone know of an alternative position for the burn indicator, as it says that you can only use it on single wall pipe, mounted 18 inch above stove top. I have double wall. Just wonder if you can mount else where and if so what the temps should be?

Thanks in advance.
On double wall you need probe type.

oldspark said:
sir splitsalot said:

Thanks in advance.
On double wall you need probe type.
I agree you need a probe.

Double wall pipe should have a probe thermometer for accurate results . . . that's the bad news.

The good news is that as North pointed out you can use this thermometer on your stove top.

Status
Not open for further replies.