Question regarding heating a garage w/ OWB

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon_E

Burning Hunk
Feb 24, 2014
SW VT
This may be a stupid question but someone needs to point me in the right direction, please? I am building a 3-bay garage and putting tubing in the slab for heat. My house basement has the same system, being fed with a Central Boiler through a plate-style heat exchanger, and there is a loop with several zones and circulator pumps for domestic hot water and heating.

For some reason, I am missing the simplicity of the installation for the garage. All I need to do is keep the garage slab warm during the winter and then shut off the loop in the summer. I can't figure out how to plumb this thing. Is there a diagram somewhere that shows how to heat a slab in an outbuilding that has no water source? I can fill the loop from a hose, but there's no other plumbing in the garage. It's gotta be the same scenario if one were to heat a barn, greenhouse or any other remote outbuilding? What am I missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.