Questions about a VC Defiant (model #1910 Cat)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

barrettdp

Dec 20, 2008
NE Georgia
Hello and thanks in advance!

I am in the market for a new stove as our tiny insert is not doing the job.

I was planning on staying away from any CAT models, mainly cause I know little about them, and wanted reliability, and was planing on staying away from any Vermont Castings as I heard they have had many problems over the past few years.

Butttttt, a local dealer has a left over last model VC (#1910 CAT Defiant) for what sounds like a very good price to me ($1400).

Does this sound like a good deal? And is there are any major concerns with this model that I should be aware of?

The plan is to gut out my fireplace (zero clearance), remodel the area, and install a free standing unit.

Thanks again

I felt the same way about Vermont castings,We had a pacific energy stove before,I liked it but it was small.I bought a Vermont Castings Defiant 1945 Cat. and we love it ! It's a great stove,Long burn times and love the top loading! I also got a great deal on this.For the money you cant beat it !!!

Defiant cats can be nice stoves while the refractory holds up. VC has changed the design here, so it would be good to speak to the dealer and understand the changes. If you choose this stove, get very specific warranty details from the dealer and ask for them in writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.