questions about Englander 25EPI

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rbarrett

Jan 18, 2016
Virginia
Hi there - wondering if this stove is supposed to burn at what looks like full blast on 1 ?
And is the convection blower supposed to not go off turbo even though you turn it down ?

WE just installed this stove on Saturday - no error codes or anything - but never had one before but this thing puts out serious heat on 1 -

Another problem is - that after powering off and back on - (it was hot in here) it created a bunch of black soot and the flames were tinged in black - powered it off and back on and it ran fine

Also would like to make sure the factory adjustment is correct - ours is 5-3-1

Any help appreciated - the manufacturer is closed today and of course it is very cold (finally) in Virginia today

Hi there - wondering if this stove is supposed to burn at what looks like full blast on 1 ?
And is the convection blower supposed to not go off turbo even though you turn it down ?

WE just installed this stove on Saturday - no error codes or anything - but never had one before but this thing puts out serious heat on 1 -

Another problem is - that after powering off and back on - (it was hot in here) it created a bunch of black soot and the flames were tinged in black - powered it off and back on and it ran fine

Also would like to make sure the factory adjustment is correct - ours is 5-3-1

Any help appreciated - the manufacturer is closed today and of course it is very cold (finally) in Virginia today

I am unsure if the EPI settings should be the same as the EP freestanding, but if they are, yours are way off.

The EP freestanding defaults are 1-4-1.
If your numbers are supposed to be the same it would explain your high heat and lack of air in level 1.

You need to get a hold of Englander customer service to find out for sure what your settings should be.

I am unsure if the EPI settings should be the same as the EP freestanding, but if they are, yours are way off.

The EP freestanding defaults are 1-4-1.
If your numbers are supposed to be the same it would explain your high heat and lack of air in level 1.

You need to get a hold of Englander customer service to find out for sure what your settings should be.[/QUOTE

I'm calling them in the morning thanks

I'd try changing the feedrate down to 1 before you call. Press the lfr button then the 2 arrow down buttons simultaneously. Let it run for a good 20 minutes. You can always change it back. After the 20 minutes if it seems to be burning OK I'd move the air up to 4 and let that go for another 20 minutes. Just don't change the last #.

I'd try changing the feedrate down to 1 before you call. Press the lfr button then the 2 arrow down buttons simultaneously. Let it run for a good 20 minutes. You can always change it back. After the 20 minutes if it seems to be burning OK I'd move the air up to 4 and let that go for another 20 minutes. Just don't change the last #.

Nope. Just press llf button its current number will display in the right screen then simultaneously press both down arrows until you reach your desired #. If you want to go up you do the same bit press the up arrows.

Status
Not open for further replies.