Questions about Lennox/Merit MLDVT30

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

garimh

Jun 10, 2017
NJ
Does anyone know anything about the Merit Series 30" Direct Vent Fireplace - model MLDVT30NE? A supplier near me is closing and has a few of these available brand new for a very low price (under $500) but I don't know much about them and can't find much in the way of reviews on the web.

I currently have a wood burning brick fireplace and want to convert to direct vent gas insert. The room it will be in is approx 500 sq feet and the model is 9,000-13,500BTU. The insert model is pre-2015 so not sure how much of a negative that is.

Does anyone have this insert and if so, can you offer any feedback about quality? As someone new to gas inserts, what factors should I be looking at when evaluating inserts? Obviously I'd like high efficiency and I'd also like to to have a large viewing area but other than that I'm not really sure what separates one insert from the next.

Thanks

You want to buy a gas fireplace insert. Not a zero clearance gas fireplace.