*Questions* Enviro Omega Owners Please report!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jtakeman

Minister of Fire
Dec 30, 2008
Northwestern CT.
www.facebook.com
Hello,

Disregard the Q's- Please let me know what you like and dislike about this stove!!

Ive been looking at new stoves again.(BigE is ok but, looking for something more) The omega has caught my eye. I have a couple of questions???

1.) Has anybody tried other fuels besides pellets and corn?

2.) How is the auto igniting with corn and Multi fuel?

3.) The 200 cfm blower seems a little low, How is the heat output?

My Local Dealer only had the Maxx in house. But didn't have it hooked up. Has never sold one or an Omega either. Wasn't much help either.

Thank you in advance for you input.

Jay

I don't own an Enviro stove but since no one else has responded yet, I thought I would offer some links to other threads on the Omega. You should search the forum using the words "Enviro Omega" and many posts will show up.

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/14238/

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/32883/

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/28993/

Looks like most the threads I initially found are somewhat on the negative side, so do your own search and maybe PM some of the folks with the same stove to see how they like them now.

Thanks codebum,

I did a search and did not find the answers to my questions. I was hoping that the issues were resolved and people would speak out. Good bad or what ever. Omega was rather sparse on reviews.

I did the same search for the st croix revolution stove. Some good some bad. Though there were some reviews. Its that funny burn pot that's got me nervous about it!

I want a multi fuel stove that is reliable. But it seems there are issues with them. Maybe I'll wait till there are more options!

Thanks again.
jay

OK, Seems that most like this beast.

So are there any dislikes about it? Just so I know up front. Any little quirks that bother you?

Ya see, I purchased a bigE knowing I needed 50,000 btus to keep my house warm. A 48,000 btu Quadrafire kept us warm to 0 degrees. Just got old on me.

My Dealer never said anything about not being able to run stove on 5 setting for more than 2 hours. My fault I didn't ask him, I had to read that in the manual while I was starting the first fire in it. Now I have to come home and baby sit the stove to bring the temp up a little at a time. I have to use the 5 setting to do it. So now that we are in some really cold weather and this dam thing is just bearly keeping the house warm on 4 and I can only use 5 here and there to raise the temp. Now I have to come home and baby sit the stove to bring the temp up a little at a time.

I'm leary to just jump on another stove without getting the details. I could careless if its noisy and I will only see it when I go into the basment. Looks aren't an issue either. Hell nothing is as ugly as the black box I have now!
I don't mind daily cleanings and so on. I just want a dependable stove that will keep up in colder weather. Having a multi fuel option is gonna be a plus, Although I probably burn more pellets as long as the price comes down a little.

TIA
Jay

Well,

Seeing there seems to be no issues with this stove. I called around today to see what's around me. I called 5 different dealers and Only one has one He also has the maxx too. So I'm gonna go and check them out Saturday Morning. Gave me a Price of $3500, But he's sitting on a couple of them and a demo. I

So, What is a good price for this stove? I think list was in the $3699.00 range

Looks like the wife may go for it, But she thinks it kinda expensive. She doesn't get the multi fuel thing. So had to show here some of the post about the lack of sawdust issue.

So I might have me a new stove!!! Should be good till -20 with this beast!

Jay

The MAXX is no way the same stove as the Omega other than looks.

the Control board and guts are day and night.

I have posted a lot about the omega just do a search for hearthtools as the poster and Omega as the key word.

and the only problem I have had with my Home unit and my store unit was the original agitator was not welded correctly
and the chain was a little loose after the first season. but that was a 2 minute motor adjustment.

The ignitor is one of the best. Much larger element than most stoves and has a air pump a lot like Harmon to insure the fasted ignition time.

The extra large burn pot as two air intake to make the burn in the pot even.

All pellet stove have their problems. Especially the first year in production.
I think a lot of us remember the Problems with the Whitfield Profile 30's
and the Avalon Astoria the fist year.

I have personally sold and installed 100's of pellet stoves close to 1,000
i have had 6 differnt personal pellet stoves in a few homes I have lived in.
and have burned in my showroom just about every model I have ever sold since 1990

Breckwell, P24, P2000 and p23

Altair,

Avalon, 900, Avanti/newport, Astoria, Arbor

Pellet master, PM Baywindow, PM200, Titain, Pm5000

Welenco,

Glow Boy By Dansen group.,

Enviro Ef2, Ef3, EF4 ,Windsor, Empress, Omega and Meridian

Bosca Spirit 500

Martin Venturi FSII and FSII and the insert

and I have serviced and or repaired I think every Brand and model every made. (now that I worked on a Englander this year)

I would honestly say the Omega is the best Pellet stove I have ever used.

Very easy to clean
Heats realy well.
Yes the room blower could have a little more air but with the VERY large angled Vertical heat exchange tubes the heat naturally convects off the unit.
Never seen the top of the stove get too hot we run the demo in our store on the max heat for 3-4 hours every day to get our 1900sq foot store up to 75 deg.

The west coast suggested list
SIMAXX MAXX Freestanding Pellet Stove $2,930.00 plus door
DOOR OPTIONS
SI501631 Door w/Small Glass $361.00
SI501632 Door w/Large Glass 570.00

SIOMEGA OMEGA Freestanding Pellet Stove $4,400.00

roD,

Thanks for the reply. That is an impressive list you have. I read thru some of your post's earlier today and Others. All the issues seemed minor, And were easy repairs.

So as long as I get a newer stove and not a left over. I should have it made.

I would bet the larger blower from the Maxx would be an easy retrofit, If I needed to. But I think the blower on the bigE is only 160 CFM. So it should do fine as is.

I would honestly say the Omega is the best Pellet stove I have ever used.
Is quite a statement and with your experience I believe it fully!

Thanks again, Now to get the wife talked into it!

Jay

forgot to add
I had in my showroom burning at one time
The Enviro mini

the Whitfield models:
Advantage IIT
Advantage Plus
Quest
Cascade
and the biggest pile of crap made under the whitfield name Profile 30 and profile 20

Well, This would be my third stove and only my second new one. looks like I will never catch you.

Anyway, How easy is it to get spare parts for these stove's???

I would imagine gaskets would be easy, Its the bigger parts I would worry about.

Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.