Questions for a Quadrafire Tech re CB1200-i

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DBCOOPER

Minister of Fire
Jan 23, 2010
Stowe, Pa
The manual has a graph for EFP that maxes out at 30 feet. Is that the maximum equivalent that you could have? Does the the 30 feet have an equivalent in static pressure? Second question is regarding feed rate times. The service manual list feed time values. My unit has control box (digital style w/jumper) part number 230-2080. Are the feed times adjustable with that part number?

Just had to say hi, DB, when I saw the 'Stowe, Pa'.. Born and raised in Pottstown on N. Keim. I'm a Yankee in 'Rebel-land' now.

That would be a damn yankee....

What year is your stove? I do not think they are adjustable. My stove is an 08. The Control Box looks nothing like one of a Santa Fe I seen that had several set screws that could be turned and adjust diferent settings (OLD Thread).

Whats the Problem? What are you trying to do?

DBCOOPER said:
The manual has a graph for EFP that maxes out at 30 feet. Is that the maximum equivalent that you could have? Does the the 30 feet have an equivalent in static pressure? Second question is regarding feed rate times. The service manual list feed time values. My unit has control box (digital style w/jumper) part number 230-2080. Are the feed times adjustable with that part number?

If you want an answer from someone that knows for sure, send a PM to Eric ("Kinsman Stoves")....he is a certified tech and sells Quads.

DexterDay said:
Whats the Problem? What are you trying to do?

No real problem. I have the feed rate control rod set to minimum because when its set on high the flame is to high. That in turn makes low to low. Just want to fine tune if I can.
The question about the exhaust piping is related to slowing down the exhaust to maybe get a better heat exchange. Right now I only have about 7 feet equivalent.

If its to low on low. Why not try setting the slide when its on Medium?? I run mine Wide open on low 24/7 90% of the time. Unless its below 0 or in the shoulder season.. I have never used the high setting and for 3 years I have heated 2,180 sq ft Ranch.

There are times I want to run it on high, like fast recovery from setback.

You run it on the thermostat all the time?

I run mine on the thermo for Nov and March/April (shoulders). But for the duration of Winter, its on Low 24/7. Keeps the whole house at 75-76* (2,180 sq ft Ranch). Saves the ignitor, less swing in temp throughout house and in the tests I have done, saves pellets (vs Med/High on thermo). The ignitor gets used at least 20-30 times a day in the dead of winter. My 1st year I went thermostat all year. The last 2. I have ran it on Low (have to adjust the slide a little when its warmer (20-30*). But for the most part I try not to use High. Most stoves are not designed to run on High for extended periods. Will warp and Overfire the unit. High heat for over 1.5-2 hrs is Max. Even when I use the thermo stat I only use Low or Med, to keep temps more regulated, the longer it takes to heat the house, the more even the temp will be and the stove runs longer and reduces the use of the Ignitor. I just replaced mine after 3 seasons. It still worked, but I had 2 mis fires at the end of the season (it wasn't because the stove was dirty/im anal about having a clean stove). Its better to be safe than sorry. I kept the old one just in case. But I also have another new one on stand -by along with a few extra parts (blowers, thermo couple, door gasket, etc).
Talk to Eric (kinsmanstoves), he would know more about it. The Quads only being On/Off and not Hi/Low is another reason I want to get another stove. Till then, its 24/7 running. (I burn about 4 ton a year and use no furnace/this is my 1st year with the woodstove. The Pellet stove was the only source of heat for 3 seasons. Have not used the LP furnace since buying it. $4,000 a ur in LP or $800 year in Pellets. No brainer)

Status
Not open for further replies.