Questions for those things not found in the manual?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRanger

Nov 19, 2007
British Columbia
My kodiak insert is gonna be picked up next week,and been studying the manual. Hope you guys don`t mind, but maybe a few posts instead of dragging this one out.. Will start with a couple that the book doesn`t explain.

What is "twin pilot injection ports for quick start"?

Convection air jacket?

Nice sounding terms, but no defenition.

Just so ya know, will be on my own with most of this stuff cause I bought (cash and carry).

And just cause I saved 400 doesn`t mean you all gotta start charging me for advice :p

I have a merchant account and take VISA. With a currency conversion charge. Or you can pay via Paypal.

The "jets" are just primary air inlets at the bottom front of the firebox. Most EPA stoves have one or more. PE calls them "boost" ports and ESW calls theirs a "dogbox" or as Mike calls it a "zipper".

The jacket is just the tin box around the insert just like your PE insert has that is the convection channel for the heated air and it is where the blower circulates air around the firebox out into the room.

I will invoice you.

Sonny, you have a PM, will get back with you this eve. Heads up! Have windows open when you fire it up for the first time! It stinks up the house for the first few burns. Start off with a couple small fires then get it hotter and hotter with each one. After a couple of good burns, the smell will be gone. I broke mine in during mild weather so I could open windows. Would not have wanted to break it in on a cold snap! (like now here in MIchigan-28 degrees last night) It stunk up the house pretty good! KD

Unless it's raining, I'd put on a short stack of pipe and fire it up outside for a few burns, then install it.

Status
Not open for further replies.