Quick lunchtime scrounge

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

USMC80

Minister of Fire
Mar 27, 2013
New Jersey
20' off the road (not uphill for once). All oak I think. Super heavy. About 4 more truck loads left but don't think I can lift most of them by myself. Everything cut nicely at 18"

IMG_20130422_132803_188_zps43c52ff2.jpg

Take an 8' - 2" X 8" with you & use it for a ramp to roll them on the truck;)

You need to find the big stuff "up-hill " from the road & roll it right on the tail gate. :)

Great score/find ;ex

Take an 8' - 2" X 8" with you & use it for a ramp to roll them on the truck;)

You need to find the big stuff "up-hill " from the road & roll it right on the tail gate. :)

Great score/find ;ex

Lol, was thinking might bring my splitter with me but I know he has small children and don't want to bother them. It's a shame, a lot of wood left

hahaha, wife would kill me _g

Take a maul over there; That stuff should pop right apart.

split it when i got home

IMG_20130422_183449_996_zps00dfcfad.jpg

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Looks like a mix
Oak , poplar, maple in the pile?

You keep these "lunch time" scores coming, you'll be years ahead in no time :)

YA, oak and maple it was. Threw in a couple of rounds of poplar too after i finished splitting it

Peoples houses on CL

Status
Not open for further replies.