quick question about shutting down please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mtalea

Feeling the Heat
Dec 14, 2005
Bristol, Connecticut
If one choses to shut down a pellet stove for the night. what is the proper procedure....So there isnt any smoke etc;

Thanks

The pellet master will smoke on shut down if

You do not have enough vertical draft

Door gasket bad

Ash pan gasket bad

ron d said:
my p61a shuts itself down when not calling for heat. never notice any smoke. i shut it off manually when i go to bed by turning the room temp dial to the off position. slowly goes out and blowers run untill cooled off i guess. no smoke i can see.

The titan will do the same, ie, the room blower runs until the stove is cool as long as you turn off the combustion switch.

I have unplugged the stove and it burns down to the top of the auger,
but I recall you saying your stove smokes pretty bad, That might indicate you have a back draft into your hopper. If that is the case you could set the hopper on fire. That is why it is important to keep your gaskets on all the doors in good working order.

If I recall correctly it can take a few hours for the stove to go completly cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.