Quick Question - Mendota vs KozyHeat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

nkhan1

Jan 7, 2017
California
We have narrowed down our choices to the following gas inserts:
KozyHeat Chaska vs Mendota FullView.

The Menodota is a bit more expensive, so was wondering if anyone has an opinion as to which one is better in terms of features, heat and quality.

Thanks so much!

I think we are going with the Mendota, the total cost of the insert is coming to 6000. Its steep and about 1000 more than the Chaska. But the Mendota dealer we are going with has 50+ great reviews on Yelp, 20+ great reviews on Angie's List, and several great reviews on Houzz and Google. The KozyHeat dealer only has 20+ reviews on Yelp and none anywhere else. So based on reviews and the viewable area we are picking the Mendota, but if anyone still has experiences or advice to share, would love to hear it.

I think we are going with the Mendota, the total cost of the insert is coming to 6000. Its steep and about 1000 more than the Chaska. But the Mendota dealer we are going with has 50+ great reviews on Yelp, 20+ great reviews on Angie's List, and several great reviews on Houzz and Google. The KozyHeat dealer only has 20+ reviews on Yelp and none anywhere else. So based on reviews and the viewable area we are picking the Mendota, but if anyone still has experiences or advice to share, would love to hear it.
I had a Mendota FV41 Decor/Modern installed last spring and have been very happy with it. Also looked at the Chaska but it wasn't displayed anywhere in my area. I also liked the larger viewing area and options better on the Mendota and thought the installer seemed better as well.