Quick report from Reno Fireplace/Stove trade show

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webbie

Seasoned Moderator
Nov 17, 2005
Western Mass.
Well, we are here...we being myself, Thomas from Supercedar who runs the booth with me, and lots of the general Hearth community including MANY friends from this forum.....who stopped by and shot the chit with us.

It was a good day for us - we made a lot of good contacts at the booth about various things......talked to the top dogs at the EPA at length - and are going to work along with them to promote some new educational programs they are working on.

I didn't walk the show today - waiting for the slower times on the 2nd and third day...but here are a couple pics. I will try to take many more when I cruise the show.

We are located across from the Harman booth - which I guess is a good location. Many of the other HHT products (Heat n Glo, etc.) are next to Harman.

Attachments

• reno4.jpg
    reno4.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 662
  • reno5.jpg
    reno5.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 656
Here are some neat products from a booth near us.
They are European - the tall unit has special patented ceramics surrounding the firebox which can soak up much more heat than regular masonry or even soapstone - and also features an "valve" which lets the user determine when they want to release heat and when they want store more...pretty nifty. It also has patented interior ceramics which stay clean, making for a stove that looks nice when it is not burning.
(note that stove is shown with much of the convection cover removed...you don't see these ceramics)

The same company had a number of other ultra-modern stoves, but I like this little box unit - shown with door opened and closed.

Company does not have these units and others on their web site, but is called:
http://www.euroflues.com/

Attachments

• reno1.jpg
    reno1.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 663
  • reno2.jpg
    reno2.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 681
  • reno3.jpg
    reno3.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 666
Well, Day two and still have not cruised much of the show!

Turns out my Hearth.com booth has been relatively busy - with old and new friends and clients stopping by as well as potential new clients.

I am definitely going to try and see the show tomorrow - the last day! But, heck, in this economy I have to be in my booth when potential paying clients are stopping by!

Here are two pretty cool new products.

One pic is a fancy new Pellet fireplace from Quadrafire - meant for new construction. This is a zero clearance type unit which can be framed in....but the engineers really thought this out! It slides out on rails and allows access to 100% of the unit and vent. Really a thoughtful product. The guts are a well proven design from their other pellet units.

The other pic is an unpainted (can be easily painted any color) stove board combo (wall and floor) from R-CO corporation. The hearth is over R=3 - pretty dang good.

That's it for today....other than some pics of Reno - sort of a strange place when it comes to the downtown....

Attachments

• reno8.jpg
    reno8.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 552
  • reno9.jpg
    reno9.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 570
  • reno10.jpg
    reno10.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 547
Status
Not open for further replies.