Quick VC Montpelier question...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fod01

Feeling the Heat
Nov 4, 2008
Long Island
I had the Montpelier's surround off, and noticed rectangular knock-out panels on either side of the unit. The left side, where the cord is, was removed. The cord does not pass through the knockout. The right side was left in place.

Anyone know what they're used for? Should the right side be removed as well? I didn't see any information in the manual.

Thanks,
Gabe

Fod01 said:
I had the Montpelier's surround off, and noticed rectangular knock-out panels on either side of the unit. The left side, where the cord is, was removed. The cord does not pass through the knockout. The right side was left in place.

Anyone know what they're used for? Should the right side be removed as well? I didn't see any information in the manual.

Thanks,
Gabe

Hey Gabe I think its the ouitside air kit opening. Mine are intact.

Mark

Fod01 said:

Thanks,
Gabe

Hey Gabe I think its the outside air kit opening. Mine are intact.

Mark

Fod01 said:

Thanks,
Gabe

Hey Gabe I think its the outside air kit opening. Mine are intact.

Mark

thanks....THANKS...... THANKS! --- Just kidding. I guess the 'Interweb' burped when you posted.

And thanks for your help getting the surround off. One of my side brackets was loose, so it would twist and get hung up.
Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.