quickie quicky quickee question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vixster

Nov 20, 2010
Rockland Co , ny
I'm on my third day of the new stove. I have ordered a Condar thermo for the stove, but right now I'm using the Condar Woodsaver Energy pipe thermo on the stove top so I can get some sort of reading because of the double pipe I was not getting a helpful reading. On Condar's website they actually say NOT to use this for stove. HOWEVER, because I can, I am using it on the stove (till i get the the new one in the mail) and I am getting reading of 400-500 with this. I was just curious if anyone has used this Condar in conjuction with a stove thermo and could tell me if it's close in readings or no cigar... I know this may seem like a silly question, but what the heck. I'm curios if i'm running cooler or hotter... thanks

If the thermometer is accurate, what you see is what you get.

Right, that's just the point , not sure for it's for a pipe...oh well, I guest I will just wait to I get the real McCoy

A stove pipe thermometer has scales (too cool, just right, too hot) that are inaccurate for the stove top, but the temperature indication should be accurate and the same whether on a single wall pipe or the stove top.

I agree with BeGreen.

If you are getting 400-500 stove top, you should be good. You should be able to run it hotter if need be.

Also, could you edit your signature line and state in there what stove you have?! It will help others to answer specific questions about your stove.

I have double wall stove pipe, I am waiting on my pipe thermo, actually just ordered it, and I use a pipe thermo on stove top, no worries.

Status
Not open for further replies.