1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Quick's New Pellet Stove Installation

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by Corie, May 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corie

Corie Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Halifax, VA
    Bob is a bit computer illiterate, so I resized and am posting this for him!

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. hookspacken

hookspacken Member

Loc:
    Troy, NY
    I dont know much about pellet stove installations, but I didnt know you could install them so close to and on top of OSB wood.
  3. GVA

GVA Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Waxhaw, NC... Formerly North shore Mass
    Well You do need tile there...... I'm sure it's just his test burn..
    Bob is that a Quad?
  4. Corie

Corie Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Halifax, VA
    Yes its a Quad Mt. Vernon floor model he picked up from the dealer.
  5. Bob512

Bob512 New Member

Loc:
    York PA
    Thanks Corie! All the clearences are code for the pellet stove. It is fire rated board inside the OSB. It is sitting on 1 inch tile and the face will be covered with sheet rock and stones. Quick
  6. Kenny1

Kenny1 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Eastern ON
    Sharp looking stove.

You are going to have to post some pics when the stone work is finished.
  7. Bob512

Bob512 New Member

Loc:
    York PA
    Thanks Kenny! With the help of my computer geek Corie, we will post some pics when all the stone work is done. The anti-Bush signature is Corie being cute, not me. :) Quick
  8. elkimmeg

elkimmeg Guest

Bob is tha OBS chip board plywood there you cut out to cover over something? Tell me more about what ist is covering I would have to read you manual to tell if it is ok to cut out obs and install an insert..

Who told you it was fire rated usually only plywood is rire rated not obs too much glue in the process to make it fire rated A fire rated sheet of 1/2" plywood cost over $40

Fire rated is not non combustiable it is fire retardent coated with boron but is still can combust at a higher temp the rating is not for combustibility but the length of time before it will combust is increased. It is still combustiable
  9. Bob512

Bob512 New Member

Loc:
    York PA
    Elk, The OSB in nothing more than sheathing for the stone. It will be covered with a moisture barrier and then a galvanized metal lath. It will then get a mortar scratch coat. Then stones. The one inside wall is brick as you can see, the other wall is covered with fire reistant dry wall. The framing is covered with fire resistant dry wall inside also. All seems are sealed with fire caulk. The stove is sitting on tile and the hearth will extend around 16 inches in front of the stove. The stove pipe is double wall and goes through a cathedral ceiling box. Thanks for the concerns and the advice. Quick
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.