Quit playing with the firewood!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumber-Jack

Minister of Fire
Dec 29, 2008
Beautiful British Columbia
That's what I finally had to say to my wife and boys, so we could get back to work.
I usually try and fall our lodgepole pine trees so they crisscross each other, this keeps them up off the ground and makes them easier to limb and buck. If I do it just right the top ones will sort of balance on the top and can teeter like a seesaw, and that can be little distracting for the work crew. ;)

That's funny. Beautiful storage...Love ur profile....

Very cool! I needed that. ;lol

COOL :)

Well did you ever cut up the logs & make them fire wood?
After all their fun, figured you'd be showing the fun you had cutting waist high teetering logs & with the boys shoving the log to you as you cut.
& having the rounds piling up fast up at your feet. LOL :)

awesome!

Carbon, that is wild! Proves that no matter what, play can easily detract from actual work.

Simple pleasures, the best. While watching I thought OK someone is gonna give someone a surprise bump, lol

Some hard work mixed with family fun. I love to see this. For the doubters out there, would you rather have them inside playing with the XBox? Family is the root of everything im my opinion. Once that is lost our future is dubious.
Take care,
Tim

Thanks all, it's always more fun when we go out getting firewood as a family. Nobody has to work too hard and the job gets done quick. Almost like going out for a picnic.
COOL :)

Well did you ever cut up the logs & make them fire wood?
After all their fun, figured you'd be showing the fun you had cutting waist high teetering logs & with the boys shoving the log to you as you cut.
& having the rounds piling up fast up at your feet. LOL :)
Yep, that wood is all split and stacked somewhere in that woodshed, and you're correct Dave,that the boys will sometimes shove the logs along while I buck them to size. No pictures this time of rounds or the loaded truck though.

Simply hilarious - I wanna come play too! :)

Shari

That's fun.

>It looked like that tree was gona snap any minute

I don't know about Lodgepoles, but I've seen Douglas Fir bend quite a bit. I have a 60' tall super thin fir that I thought I'd sure like to hook a rope up at 50' and bend it way down, cut off the branches, add a basket, and shoot something. Might be a good time to climb in and try out that pair of homemade glider wings. :)

Looks like fun, but all those little branch stubs look like they could do some damage!

funny what you can find to amuse yourself, and others, when you put your mind to it. sometimes its the simple things that are the best. thanks for sharing your family.:)

cass

The wood, good for heating those cold winter nights, the fun getting it, priceless. :)

I'm guessing that the cameraman was goofing off also. It took awhile to shoot all that video. We also find some ways to have a little fun. My wife looks forward to our lunch. I make a fire and we cook some hotdogs for lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.